Thursday, July 24, 2008

Pottying PRAISE....

Thank you for the comment (would like to know who you are though!)...things are going VERY well - actually after I wrote that blog - it seemed to start going uphill!!! I had to work tonight and I decided to let Braden wear underwear there (originally I was going to do diapers when we went out) and he peed in his pants 2 times....although both times we went straight to the bathroom and he peed more - so I think he's getting the hang of holding it once it starts! I told him that he was running out of the clothes and underwear I had brought him. Then we were playing and all of a sudden he runs to the bathroom saying "I have to go pee!!!" - I mean he TOOK OFF - I was thinking - 'wait - you can't get your pants down by yourself (button and zipper) and I need to help you up on the potty here!' He barely looked back - he was on a mission! We got there and sure enough he peed...although some got on his clothes instead of in the potty. He looked at me and said, "did I run out of clothes?" I told him "no". But then it hit me - he DOES NOT like to go naked and at home when he had accidents on all the underwear that we have I told him he would have to go naked - so I think he thought he was going to go naked and he'd better get to the potty on time! Neat how their little minds work!! Anyway - HUGE improvement from 2 days ago. Oh - I also put his potty chair in the van in case he needed it from the house to work - and he did use it before we went in to work! I'm so very happy for him! It's a huge accomplishment in such a short time!
WAY TO GO BRADEN!!!

No comments: